About Me

My photo
This is me, my head and my life. Deal with it.

Monday, August 2, 2010

LOTR FTW!!!

So because I am not taking classes at the moment, and get done with work at three, and don't have any particularly big goals for the summer besides finish "War and Peace." I know how cool am I. I have decided that my life goal for this week is to watch the entire "Lord of the Rings" trilogy, extended version. I'm thinking I will finish this goal up by Wednesday and then I might go back and watch all the bonus features. Today marked day one on my quest to vicariously travel to Mordor alongside Frodo and Sam. Here are my notes on the first movie in this epic trilogy. First off the extended version is friggin long. I mean wow. I started at like 4 and it is now 7. I feel it was three hours well spent though. Second note this movie is not as action packed as the second two. When I first saw this movie, sitting in the theater with my family having just completed the book, I thought it was super full of action. But really it's just kind of a lead up to the action of the two other movies. It's like these movies are going through the fight or flight reaction. This movie is the flight. Basically the fellowship is running away. No plan, no battles unless they absolutely need them. I also feel like Frodo grow a lot in this movie, but has yet to grow so much that he is a total back stabbing emo kid. Frodo is my favorite in this movie for sure. Other, less important things I noticed. Aragorn and Arwen's babies are going to be absolutely fantastically beautiful. Sean Astin was born to be a hobbit. He just looks like a hobbit. I look at him with out a traveling cloak and hairy feet and still think, now that there is one hobbit-y little man. Orlando Bloom's Legolas seems to have one role, and that is to look sexily off into the distance and then state the obvious, but sound really wise doing it. Oh, and he never gets dirty. Aragorn, Gimli, Gandolf, the Hobbits, and Boromir usually are seen in varying degrees of filth and nastiness, but not Legolas. He is always very clean and his hair is always fantastic. ANd thats not an elf trait because Elrond is all dirty in the flashbacks . We'll see, I'm using the royal we here, if this cleanliness thing holds true in later movies.
Until I next get my dork on remember that LOTR rules all!

No comments:

Post a Comment