About Me

My photo
This is me, my head and my life. Deal with it.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Return of the King

WOOOOT! I finished all three movies in the LOTR trilogy. BAM! I... need to get a life. I was looking at my last posts on the subject and realized that I am a dork, and need to keep it short. SO here it goes, but in a short way.
Favorite line, Legolas "A diversion!" Thank you. Thank you for that. Also, I think there are scenes when he doesn't have blue contacts in, and others where he does.
One might think this book is all about the good of humanity and good defeating evil, but is it really? I mean in the end the ring getting destroyed is kind of fluke. Frodo doesn't destroy it. Gollum bites it off Frodo's finger and then falls into the fires of Mount Doom. Up to the end Frodo is fighting to get that ring back. Frodo gives into the temptations of the ring. What does that say about man and hobbit kind? I guess that we are all human, and while we can be great, we can't be perfect. I'm ok with that message.
So many extended and added scenes. I don't even think it's the same movie.
In closing, see, I kept it short. I love those movies, and I love Hobbits, and I love Middle Earth. LOTR lover for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment