About Me

My photo
This is me, my head and my life. Deal with it.

Monday, August 23, 2010

An accredited four year university by any other name would smell...almost as sweet

Hello nonreaders (Krystal I'm ignoring you and continuing to pretend that no one reads this, thanks for telling me you do and shattering my nice little illusion of anonymity, now I'm self conscious, jerk.) As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted by actual humans, sorry it's been so long, I'm sure you haven't missed me, but boy have I missed spilling my guts to the nonexistent you! "Jessica," you most probably have not been saying to yourselves "Jessica why, why did you leave us for so long. We have been lost without your witty ramblings about the goings on in your life and the random thoughts that float into your head. Are you dead dear Jessica?" Let me assure you oblivious blogoshpere I am not dead. Where have I been? Well in the last 10 days I, and all of my personal belongings and worldly possessions, have been bouncing around like a 3 year old who just ate cotton candy and got into a bounce house. As many of you undoubtedly don't know I have had to leave my beloved UCLA and transfer to the slightly less beloved University of Utah. And let me tell you transferring personal belongings and schools in basically a two week span is a b*tch if you'll pardon my almost French. Let me break down to you how things have gone.
8/13/2010: I go to my last day of work, which is a friday, and party all night with my parking cohorts.
8/14/2010: Parental units show up with our truck, because apparently we own a truck now.
8/15/2010: We pack up all my crap and drive the 10 hours back to Mapleton. There are some tears, a lot of napping, and a lot of angry hip hop and rap. Oh yeah, I be gangsta.
The week of the 15th: I unpack my clothes, clean my clothes, repack my clothes as well as go through all the stuff that I left at home in order to determine what I want to take, what I want to give away,what I want to throw away, and what I want to stash away and decided to throw away later. I also have friends to see, social functions to attend, sleep to catch up on, orientation to go to, counselors to meet with, a roommate to see for the first time, a lease to sign and furniture and clothes and bedding and kitchen ware to move from Mapleton to Salt Lake. While I am trying to do all this my mother is trying to tell me how to do all this and I am ignoring her, but trying to make it seem like I'm doing all the things she says I should do. Basically my life that week was as exhausting and long and confusing as the description above, but I figure, hey once I get moved in and settled it will all be good. Once school starts all will be right with the world.
8/23/2010: School starts. All is not right with the world. You see, the University of Utah has decided that I am not a resident of Utah, and that I have until friday to prove that I am in fact a Utah resident. So in short I moved back to Utah because UCLA won't give me residency, and now Utah says I'm not a resident. I am a resident of no state. I feel like my life is a Beatles song right now. I'm a real nowhere man, living in my nowhere land, making all my nowhere plans for nobody. It's not as awesome as you would think.
8/27/2010 Oh hey thats brings us to today. My feet are sore, my mind is tired, and my room is a mess. But! by the end of today I will prove to the admission beezies that I am a resident, I joined an LDS Sorority which means I will have friends, and I think I'm almost happy. Do I miss California? Yes terribly. Do I wish I could be at UCLA working for parking and being generally awesome at this very moment? Completely. But unfourtunatley I can wish on all the shooting stars, and airplanes that I'm pretending are shooting stars, and that's not going to happen. So I think I am going to just have to be awesome here. Because the U is a great school, and an accredited university by any other name not UCLA smells as sweet right? Actually it smells a lot better here because of the lack of smog.

No comments:

Post a Comment