About Me

My photo
This is me, my head and my life. Deal with it.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Life... as a musical?

Today I watched the 1955 version of Oklahoma. I have come to the conclusion that life would be better if it followed musical format. Seriously. Lets look at the pros and cons. Pros: If you are the protagonist everything is going to work out for you. You will find and capture the love of you life, figure out your problems, and probably grow as a person. And you get to do all these things with snappy song and dance numbers mixed right in. Any internal and external struggles are resolved in 2 maybe 3 scenes. Instead of fighting with your fists you get to do awesome ballet/break dance fighting. You also get to sing about your anger instead of repressing it and suffering horrible psychological complications later on in life. I mean sure there are some cons, the costumes are uncomfy, the makeup is horrific and generally your life would be really really cheesy. But quite honestly this protagonist, call me narcissistic but I do consider myself a protagonist, at least in my own life story, would greatly prefer to go through life knowing that in the end, no matter what sort of hardships I might face I will be rewarded with the perfect men, a resolution to all my woes and heartache and a greater knowledge of my inner self. So bring on the jazz hands and get my life to the theatre, it's show time.

No comments:

Post a Comment