About Me

My photo
This is me, my head and my life. Deal with it.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Domesticity

Today my roommate, my roommates boyfriend and I were domestic. We made a nice chicken(instead of shrimp as both Kristina and I are allergic) creole and peach cobbler. Oh yeah and we had on aprons. This got me thinking. I mean I am a big fan of feminism. I firmly believe that women should be able to work in all the same jobs as man, go to all the same schools as men, receive the same pay as men, and not be looked down on it. But I also like to cook. It makes me sad that when I choose to embrace something like cooking it's seen as natural. Of course you like to cook Jessica, you are after all a female. To that I say poo poo. My dad and both my brother, and Chris and a bunch of guys cook and are good. And there are plenty of chicks who can't cook. I don't really know where I'm going with this. I guess I just want to say to all my non readers out there, that I cook, but that doesn't mean I am a Hannah Housewife and if anyone tells me that my place is in the kitchen they will be punched in the face. But if you want a baked good let me know, cuz I love baked goods.

No comments:

Post a Comment