About Me

My photo
This is me, my head and my life. Deal with it.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

I'll admit it, I'm a spoonist.

World, who is not reading, I have a confession to make. I am a spoonist. Which is like a racist but with spoons. I hate big spoons. But not the super huge spoons with which you use to scoop delicious things like mashed potatoes onto your plate. Those are fine, and useful, and deliver goodness to my plate which then goes to my mouth, so I actually like those spoons quite a bit. I'm talking about those spoons that are supposed to be used for things like cereal but are too big to ACTUALLY fit in your mouth, and if you do manage to fit it in your mouth they hold too much food so you end up choking on the spoonful of food you just struggled to cram into your mouth. I really don't like them. They serve no purpose. The are too big to be used for regular stuff without dire consequences as described above, but too small to be used to scoop meaningful amounts of food from a serving receptacle to the plate. I think they're only good for sour cream scooping. Beyond that all they do is clutter up your silverware drawer and trick you with their rounded tops when you are searching for a spoon in the dishwasher. I wish they were dead, and think bad things about them and refuse to let them do things that all spoons should be allowed to do like enter my mouth, and scoop things. And so you see I am a spoonist, but really, can you blame me?

No comments:

Post a Comment