About Me

My photo
This is me, my head and my life. Deal with it.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Mother dear I love you so!!!

I walked down the drive way, anticipation filling my heart and resonating through my every step. The rap music could no longer keep my thoughts from drifting to the endless possibilities that my doorstep held. I walked down the side walk, and rounded the corner to my front door. "That's odd," I thought, "the screen door isn't even sticking out. Oh well, maybe it' small." I opened the screen door, peering expectantly at the ground. Nothing. My heart sunk like a rock, and not the very small kind that float. It hadn't come. It was supposed to come, but it hadn't. Dejectedly I pulled the key from my wallet and stuck it into the lock, turned it and gave the door a half hearted push. It didn't open. I jiggled the handle and pushed a little harder. Nothing. The deadbolt was turned. That means my roommate is home! That meant that there was still a chance! I hastily raised my key to the deadbolt. Turned it hard to get it past the stick. Heard the click and turned the knob, excitement coming for the possibility of what might lie within. I opened the door and...
Actually maybe I should explain first. This week, which I'm saying started on sunday so deal with it, started out long and got longer. Sunday I was at church for eight hours. Eight. And so to relieve my stress, and get some advice on a medical issue (my hands and feet go numb and tingle) I've been having I called my mom. We talked about the possibility of my impending doom and then other stuff. Like the tax stuff she is sending me with my stuffed hippo pillow pet Horatio. Then she gasped and told me I had to check the mail on Wednesday. I didn't know whether to be concerned or not. She told me not to be, just check for a package on Wednesday. Needless to say my expectancy levels had been climbing steadily. The only thing that got me through today was the joy at having a mystery package waiting for me when I got off work. That being said I will now return to my story.
... There it was. In all it's brown, cubeish glory. Sitting on the arm of our love seat reclining lazy boy thing of ugliness. I snatched the scissors off the coffee table, because who doesn't have scissors sitting on their coffee table and began work on the tape. It could be anything inside this box. A bunch of candy, some educational supplies, a car. The possibilities were endless asI could see them all laid before me in my minds eye ripe. As I sliced through the final taped up tab and peered into the box I could not believe my eyes. Sitting side by side, curled together like they are already best friends was a pink hippo and a mini stuffed mono. My mom, beautiful and wonderful woman that she is not only read my blog about my four year old wants she indulged me. She searched high and low and found me not one but two, and kind of three cuz the hippos isn't purple, of the things on my list. And she's looking for a cactus.
So I guess I just wanted to give my mom the public props she deserves. Not only does she help self diagnose me AND listen to my rants AND offer great life advice, she gets me all the stupid crap I could ever want. So if you're reading this, I LOVE YOU MOMMY! Don't ever change. Ever. And dad, if you're reading this and/or helped in the picking out of this gift replace the word mom in the previous post with the word dad. Actually even if you didn't pick Henrietta and Mono out this still applies to you. And I promise to devote a post to you at a later date. I love you guys.

2 comments:

  1. So I'm obviously really late in the news, but I just found out from Kelsie and Debsies that you write blogs!!! So I decided to hurry up and jump on that and I read this cute little note to your mother and I thoroughly appreciate her sense in style of sending you cute animals. Miss you and thumbs up Mumsies Swensen! (Note the fact that I did NOT spell your name: SwensOn.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda! Hello!! And wow, I didn't think people knew about this thing. Apparently they do. Color me surprised, shocked maybe even. I miss you too, appreciate the correct spelling of my name, and love my aminals. LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete