About Me

My photo
This is me, my head and my life. Deal with it.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Break Rewound

I think my mom hit the nail on the head when I was on the phone with her this week and she said "Jessica, you just need find a man with California residency and marry him, like now, so you can live in California forever." All I can say is that my mother obviously knows best. I can safely say that last week was the best spring break ever and I never wanted to go home. Alas, I am home and am now going to blog a highlight reel so that I can share my joyous week with you and remember it forever. Feel free to stop reading here, this is a really wordy post and as I still like to pretend I don't have readers sometimes I'm really doing this for my benefit and the benefit of my posterity and junk like that.

Saturday: What do you say we leave for California? I say ok. 11 hours of driving does things to a person. Specifically it makes Bridger( my travel companion) sing a metal song of his own creation. as we descend into the bowels of hell aka Vegas. I can't get into too many details but apparently Vegas feeds on the blood of homeless orphans. It also breeds the creative juices required to play gummy scrabble.

It's true. I've met quite a few Teradactals and none of them have been pleasant.

Sunday: Arrive in California at 1, stop and gaze longingly at the beach, go to Bridger's Grandpa's house, sleep. Wake up to a typoon. No joke, it was a typhoon. Go to the UCLA ward, where my axieties about being reunited with everyone shrinks and my overwhelming hatred for singles wards grows. Cook dinner with Biakahashi, tacos with a lovely purple squeeze it pairing. Watch a japanese movie. Eliminate pronouns from sentences. Back to Redondo Bridger and I go.

Monday: As per instructed I slept in and awoke to find Bridger up, fed and showered. Awesome. We walked down the to the beach, with awesome cocking umbrellas, and strolled to the pier, and then right past the peir to this delicious seafood place. I don't even know what I ate but there were clams and mussles and crab bits and fish and deliciousness. Then we walked back past all the afore mentioned places. Then we went on a bike ride down the beach. Beach biking is awesome because it's flat and you never get tired, although you can still get sore and bruised from the bike seat. After returning from the uber awesome pedal fest it was time for the beach. Now the water was way to cold to do much frolicking but just the right temperature for some skim boarding. I'm not good at this activity, I was bruised by this activity, but given my lack of success on any other sort of board (sans wake boarding) I also wasn't surprised. A day full of butt bruising was followed by a dinner at the Sizzler. It was payed for by Bridger's wealthy grandfather who has an unusual taste in restaurants. The night was ended by a viewing of "Unstoppable." I wouldn't recommend it.
Yeah, I ate all of that, and it only cost me $6.50.

Tuesday: Woke up early...ish so that Bridger and I could go to the farmers market in Torrance. It was pretty cool and I got delicious sinus clearing Thai curry at 10 am. What could be better? Walked down to the beach and just sat and talked about life, and how Bridger is going to woo his current prospect. According to him he's got it in the bag. After this next date she's going to be enamored. Confidence is key. We then drove to LA, westwood. We went to Chris Takahashi's place and played DJ hero, which is a little lame in comparison. Then it was off to K town with a bunch of my old UCLA peeps for delicious soon tofu and Karaoke! I rocked it, it was awesome. There were only a few awkward moments. It was grand.
Shell art by Bridger. Shells found by Jessica

Wednesday: Congrats reader you made it to hump day! If you're still reading my mindless recalling prattle pat yourself on the back. Slept in, it was glorious. Lazed about my old pad before catching the big blue bus down to UCLA, where I immediately stopped in to see my parking peeps. Besides the massive number of people who have been fired for no reason it's basically exactly the same. Leo's still ballin', Luis is still crazy,and Elroy is still creepy. Good times. Then Biakahashi, Bridger and I started our planned trip to Pomona to see a drive in movie. Three hours of LA traffic later and we get to the place, it's pouring rain, and closed. Well, thnks fr th mmrs I guess. Oh and the terrific burrito shack we stopped at.

Thursday: Slept in, again, and then excessively didn't shower because I was waiting for a maintenance guy to come. I love not showering. That's a lie, I love showering. I promise. Then I went to John Maritn's house with Aaron and watched BYU lose. Take that Jimmer! That's what you get for keeping the name Jimmer. It's a horrible name. After that it was more basketball paired with Fajitas at Aaron's place. We talked like old times. Scott put up with us for a short time and then disappeared, just like old times. Nick talked about weird stuff, just like old
times. I'm sensing a theme here. And then Kristina and I stayed up and talked, because we be adorbs like that.

Friday: Woke up early, expecting to go hike the Hollywood sign. That didn't happen until like 2. Also the Hollywood sign, not worth hiking to. Like at all. But hiking is worth doing. Go physical fitness. Once we (the 4 of us mention wednesday) got home the men got their domestic on and made delicious japanese noodle soup stuff. It was good. Then we drove to Orange County, to Chris' parent's place. We didn't go swimming. The pool in his gated community was closed.
Lame.

Saturday: BRIDAL SHOWER! For Moena. This event may cause a post later on about my hatred of bridal showers. They are dumb and go on FOREVER! Then it was on to some tide pools in Laguna Niguel. They were so super cool! I saw anemones! The were so super cool! I love sea life! and the ocean! and life! After that we actually got to swim in the gated communities pool. It was all salinated which means no chlorine which is good. I don't like hot tubs. Chris' mom cooked a totally bomb dinner that was absolutely delicious and faboulous and wow. I need to send a thank you gift. Memo to me. Then we drove back to LA and then Bridger and I drove back to Redondo Beach.
View from the top of the world

Sunday: Spring Break comes to an end with the long drive back to the beehive state which included a stop in Vegas to see an old mission comp, a stop in Kanosh to be fed and visit the grandfolk, and lots of deep conversation.

YOU MADE IT! Sorry this is so long. I really wrote this more for me because I type faster than I write and didn't want to find my journal. Sorry if you suffered, but as I might have said before this blog is for me, not for you. HAHA suckers.

3 comments: