About Me

My photo
This is me, my head and my life. Deal with it.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I want!

Everybody has wants. Some are grand and life size others are trivial. I am no exception. Since I am no longer 4 however I can't just say I want this and I want that. I no longer have a mommy to whine to about all the trivial things that catch my eye. I'm all growed up. But that doesn't mean I don't want trivial things. As it is no longer socially acceptable to declare my wants to the world at large I have decided to declare them here to the world at small. Read if you want, roll your eyes if you must. So here it is my list of mostly trivial wants.
1. I want to grow the size of my stuffed hippo collection. Right now I have four, but I'd like more.
2. I want to know why stuffed hippopotami are always purple and stuffed elephants are always blue. Seriously, look around if they're not grey they are purple or blue. But hippos are never blue and elephants are never purple. Doesn't make sense.
3. I want a pet cactus. Yes, if I had a cactus it wouldn't be a plant it would be a pet. I want one of the fuzzy looking ones that sometimes gets a red flower on top. I would name it Penelope.
4. I want my life to end up like a John Hughes film and/or a Jane Austen novel. This is the girl part of me coming out and I'm sorry. But if it ends up being like "Pretty in Pink" I am so choosing Duckie because he is super sweet and has always been there and Andrew McCarthy is a jerk and not even that cute. Seriously Molly Ringwald, what were you thinking?
5. I want to watch all the "Scream" movies, but not alone, because I tried that and got ten minutes into the first one before giving up.
6. I want to understand sloths. Think about it, sloths make absolutely no sense. They are slow enough that moss can grow on them, so if anything fast tried to eat them, they'd all be dead. So obviously nothing wants them, and they don't do much but sleep so why do they exist?
7. I want to have enough spare time to go to the movies. Yeah, I don't have spare time. The Broadway, which is a great theater that shows stuff the rest of Utah doesn't is rightish down the street. But I can't go to movies, because I have no time.
8. I want to be able to afford the ingredients and cookware for all the delicious food I want to make. Being a college student sucks
9. I want Mono. Not the actual disease. That sounds gross. I want the adopt a germ stuffed mono. It's purple and has eyelashes and is super cute.
10. I want a roommate that does her dishes. Strike that I want a roommate who does my dishes that she uses.
11. I want a roommate that doesn't try and set me up with people. Focus on your love life dear, I'll figure my own out.
12. I want an old house. They are beautiful.
Well that's all for now. If you got this far, congrats, and thanks for letting me be four again.

1 comment:

  1. 10-12 can be done. My house was built in 1942. It's not a cute Victorian but it IS old.

    And I have noticed that about stuffed hippos and elephants. I had a thing for elephants when I was younger. Now I'm all about rubber ducks.

    ReplyDelete