About Me

My photo
This is me, my head and my life. Deal with it.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Wall

Right now I am studying for a history text. No wait, thats not right, lets try again. Right now I really should be studying for my American History test. But I'm not. I have hit what they, whoever they may be, call the wall. It reminds me of the movie "Run Fat Boy Run." The bad guy of the movie tells Simon Pegg that in every marathon you hit a wall. I feel like this is true for most things in life, especially hard or unenjoyable things. You plod along, doing your best and then right when you think you're getting some where BAMZO! there is a huge, if not entirely real, wall. I don't know where it comes from, but it's large, and in my mind made of really ugly cinder blocks. Sometimes I can get through the wall. If I know there is something worthwhile on the other side. But other times I just plop down in front of that wall and glare at it, hoping it will move. It usually doesn't. Thats the kind of wall I have hit tonight. It's almost as if my brain is whispering to me, "Jessica, you know you don't care about the causes of the American Revolution, I know you don't care about the causes of the American Revolution and we both know the only thing on the other side of that wall is more studying followed by a ninety minute exam that you may or may not pass and have apathetic feelings toward either way." It is really hard to talk myself into studying when I have such sound logic. So here I am, sitting in front of a really ugly wall. Maybe while I'm here I can do some painting, which would have been tough in pre revolutionary america because the townsend acts placed a tax on paint, and paper, and glass, and tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment