About Me

My photo
This is me, my head and my life. Deal with it.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Olfactory Orgasm

Today was a great day for my nose. Seriously, it's like the god of good smells picked my nose to win the lottery. You don't believe me? Well then, let me throw down of list of all the smells I smelled and then I'll let you try and tell me it wasn't a fantastic day to be my nose.
  • This morning I had a physiology test and upon finishing said test I did not smell the horrible reek of failure. You may be saying "but Jessica, isn't it the scent of victory you want?" Nope, I'm not that picky. I didn't fail, life is good.
  • Next I walk into work and there are cinnamon nuts cooking. So despite the fact that I had to work at the candy counter with the incompetent boss in charge again, my nose was still happy.
  • I decided to take my self to a movie today. As I was walking down to the Trax station to get to said movie my nostrils picked up the delightful aroma of fresh mown grass. It's only April, and we're in Utah, but someone was mowing their lawn and I got to sniff it. Bless you kind stranger
  • I went to The Broadway to see "Jane Eyre." Buttered popcorn. Need I say more?
  • Also the The Broadway just smells indie, is that possible? What I'm saying is that even my scent receptors feel hip in that place.
  • On the way home it began to sprinkle, which of course led to everything smelling like it was raining. Funny how that works out. That in combination with the wind gently blowing the smell of blooming daffodils and tulips up my schnoz made my nose smile. Really I think it grew lips and smiled.
And that dear people is why I'm having a olfactory orgasm. Don't be too jealous. Maybe one day it will happen to you. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment