About Me

My photo
This is me, my head and my life. Deal with it.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Done-a-saurus Rex!

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, readers of ALL ages I would just like to let you know that I am 4 burned DVDs, 2 layers cookie dough brownies, and 1 night of frivolity and merriment away from being free. Free from what? From being and officer in my morority. And I am so frakking happy. I'm not saying I regret joining Upsilon. I don't. I met some great people, and some great times, and was forced to be out of my apartment at least once a week. What I didn't like was being an officer. Not because it was bad, it wasn't, I had some good times at those meetings. I didn't like it because morority became less of an optional, come and have fun if you want to thing, and more of a you're an officer and you must be there always or else thing. And that ain't coo' wit me. Maybe it was growing up in Utah county or maybe it's just my stubborn nature but the minute someone tells me I MUST do something, I don't want to do it. I had the same problem with mutual. As soon as my leaders started to try and make me feel bad about not showing up every week I pretty much stopped going.

The good news is after tonight I'm not an officer anymore. Eventually I will get Shania Twain's "Any Man of Mine" out of my head and the feelings of rebelling against obligation with fade. Then I can go back to enjoying things like exchanges and end of year parties with slideshows because it won't be me who's in charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment