About Me

My photo
This is me, my head and my life. Deal with it.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Reviews and non-resolutions

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! That's right folks it is 2011. I know you're shocked, surprised that another year has passed, but hey it happens. At this beautiful beginning of the new year I am going to do a review, but not of all of 2010, that would be WAY too hard. Nope I'm going to do a review of only my holidays, more specifically my trip to Idaho. At the same time I might come up with non-resolutions. See, I don't like real resolutions, because they all end the same way. You start out with this grand and lofty goals. You are pumped up, you are going to change and be better and blah blah blah. Then, inevitably you fail, and your self esteem plummets, you feel bad and your behavior worsens. I don't like resolutions, and I don't make them. But I have some non resolutions. These are, shockingly, not resolutions. I don't care if they happen, but if they do, great. So here it goes.
Idaho, if you don't have to visit it, I really wouldn't. It's windy and cold and there isn't really anything to do there, especially in the winter, in Twin Falls. So you know, just avoid it. Unfortunately my grandma and half my dads family is there so to Twin Falls I went. And that brings me to non-resolution number 1 never live in Idaho, or Wyoming, oooooor Montana (but I would be ok with Montana if I was old.)
One of the redeeming factors of Twin Falls is that because there isn't really anything to do there so we always do family trips to and Barns and Noble. I love that place. I'm pretty sure heaven will smell just like that beautiful beautiful place. I spent almost half of my Christmas on books. Which leads to my non-resolution Barnes number 2: Read books. I think I can do that.
I saw my cousins, in Idaho. The younger ones are adorable, but loud and the older ones are quiet but annoying. It was grand. No non-resolution here, just noting that while you have to love all your extended family sometimes it's best that you only see each other like twice a year.
Now some completely non Idaho non resolutions.
Non-resolution number 3: Better oral hygiene. I have been slacking on my flossing. It's not good. I'm going to stop that.
Non-resolution number 4: Don't kill my roommate. I think it's going to be harder then it sounds, but my motivation to not go to jail is high, so I think I'll be ok.
And that about wraps up the things I want to do with my life this year. Not an overwhelmingly ambitious list, but I'm ok with that. I think my self esteem will thank me later.

2 comments:

  1. Does your roommate read this? Because that would be quite awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think so... but at this moment my overall sort of wrath-y type anger is overwhelming my sound judgment leading me to not care so much if she does.

    ReplyDelete