About Me

My photo
This is me, my head and my life. Deal with it.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Tolstoy Shmolstoy

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That ladies and gentlemen of the blogging world is my triumphant laugh. I, Jessica Swensen, after two and a half summers, and one do over have FINALLY finished Leo Tolstoy's "War and Peace." Yes that's right I read all 1215 pages, even the epilogue. Gee Jessica, proud and braggy much? Well yes, yes I am, and I think I have the right to be. Tolstoy may be one of the best novelists of all time, he may have an incredible mind and a gift for creating a vivid story, a picture of the human condition, and a philosophy on the meaning of history all in one powerful and moving novel, but heavens above that man was long winded. So I am going to strut around like a proud peacock for the next few days, because that book was the hardest thing I have ever read. I think I'm also going to put the fact that I finished it on my resume. Ok, that's it, I just had to let all you people who do and don't read my blog know of my mental and literary moment of joy.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, no. I will only read things where the interesting to boring ratio is at least 1:1 and sadly the Old Testament doesn't pass this test. I think I will stick to my illustrated Old Testament story book and work on my reading lists of books that I see myself enjoying.

    ReplyDelete