About Me

My photo
This is me, my head and my life. Deal with it.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Falling for Autumn

It is officially here, my favorite season and the best time of the year. It is autumn. One bright silver, or in this case red, yellow, orange and gold, lining of coming back to Utah is the return of the seasons, specifically autumn. I feel like sometimes autumn gets kind of a bad rap. Everyone here just knows it as the time right before winter, the waiting period before the cold and the snow and the slush and the ick. I think that this is utterly unfair to fall. Don't judge a season by the season that follows it people. Thats just wrong. Really though, autumn is amazing. First of all there's the leaves. They all turn colors, which is breathtakingly beautiful, especially if you go exploring in the mountains. It's like someone plopped you down in the middle of a beautiful sunset. I love it. Then you have the leave crunching, which is totally different from the leaves themselves. One of my principal joys in life is stepping on a big crunch leaf, or rustling my feet through a big pile of crunchy leaves, or prancing merrily about simultaneously kicking leaves in the air and crunching them underfoot. I love it all. Third awesome autumn attraction, the smell. Oh yes, a season can, and in this case, does have a smell. It's crisp and clean and beautiful and it makes my nostrils sing with joy, and clog with mucus due to the allergies, but I'm focusing on the singing. And finally, though no more important than any other aspect is the weather. In the fall, especially early its like summer still has it's fingers loosely wrapped around the weather. The breezes still carry a warm touch and the sun still shines most of the time, but it's not as in your face as the summer sun. Autumn is gentle. If autumn were a man he would be tall, dark, handsome, sensitive, caring, and freaking awesome. And we would get married.

No comments:

Post a Comment